At Tink, we’re creating the foundations that a new world of finance will be built on. By constantly challenging ourselves to go further and do better, we’re developing the ground-breaking services that businesses will use, to revolutionise the way millions of people manage their money. The world of financial services is changing fast, and we will continue to be at the forefront of it.
Tink is trusted by some of the largest players in financial services. Today, Tink technology is used by companies like Paypal, Kivra, Nordea and Avanza. Read more about our services and how they are used here.
How you'll challenge an industry
We’re looking for a Backend Software Engineer based in Madrid to join our Connectivity team to focus on system development in our backend.
Connectivity teams create software agents integrating data from 3400+ financial institutions. They ultimately focus on continual service improvements and enable real-time transactions and payment processing all around Europe and provide seamless authentication flows.
You’ll be responsible for developing integrations with financial institutes helping consumers to aggregate their financial data from all of their banks and credit cards. It means integrating with both documented and undocumented APIs, developing smart and effective tools to help us automate integrations, monitoring and alerting.
- Build components that integrate with banks’ APIs and fetches consumers’ data
- Be part of a team that reverse engineers undocumented bank APIs across Europe
- Create a scalable framework around the building and maintaining thousands of integrations, making the work efficient and sustainable
- Operate and troubleshoot the team’s production system
- Design and build interfaces and reusable components for your own team
- Provide detailed code reviews for teammates and help out with documentation and best practices
- Ship incremental changes to production
- Seek pragmatic solutions and balance quality and speed depending on the situation
- Keep the user’s best in mind and contribute ideas and thoughts to the next generation of Tink Connectivity products
- Experience in Java system development
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Understanding of HTTP based communications
- Experience in designing and testing APIs
- Experience with AWS or other cloud development environments is a plus
We use AWS as a platform, and technologies such as Java, Go, Cassandra, Memcached, Bazel, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Docker, gRPC, and MySQL, and widely used Kubernetes. What to use has been developed over the last years of work, but with that said, we continuously improve our ways of working to become better at what we do.
Our team is currently working remotely. Some meetings are more efficient having face-to-face with a cup of coffee in the hand. Therefore, we meet in person once or twice per week. We are a flexible and remote first team!
Feel free to attach links to your Github account or anything else you feel we should know about.
Life at Tink
In an environment that’s filled with skilled and creative colleagues, and a culture that encourages people to make their ideas happen, you can have an impact like nowhere else. We all help each other to build new skills and best practices through the diversity of our backgrounds and opinions – while having a lot of fun in the process. Do you want to be part of our story and join one of the leading fintechs in Europe?
We're looking forward to your application!