At Tink, we’re creating the foundations that a new world of finance will be built on. By constantly challenging ourselves to go further and do better, we’re developing the ground-breaking services that businesses will use, to revolutionise the way millions of people manage their money. The world of financial services is changing fast, and we will continue to be at the forefront of it.
"The ability to take data – to be able to understand it, to process it, to extract value from it, to visualize it, to communicate it – is going to be a hugely important skill in the next decades." Hal Varian, Chief Economist, Google.
Perhaps the most dramatic outcome of the digital revolution is the amount of data that is now collected and analyzed. Tink handles billions of events, and this number is increasing at an exponential rate. We are passionate about enabling data-driven decisions for our clients and internal stakeholders. Our goal is to ensure data is collected, transformed, and presented securely with accuracy and reliability.
About the role:
Big Data is central to Tink's decision-making process, and building the infrastructure to support this is critical to enable data-driven decision-making in all of our operations. As a Data Infrastructure - SRE, you will be in on the ground floor with your team, defining the infrastructure and tools that support our growing business, leading the way for high-quality, high-velocity decisions.
- Design, implement, and maintain the data infrastructure to support Tink’s growing data needs.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and methods for a scalable data platform
- Promote best practices and improving the quality of the internal data products
- Work with data scientists, product analysts, other engineers to enable building insights, and all Tink employees that need data in their daily work.
- Work with technologies such as Apache Airflow, Apache Spark (Python), AWS (S3, EMR, Lambda etc.), Kubernetes , Terraform/Terragrunt
- 3+ years of experience building large-scale reliable data backends in collaboration with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience distilling complex requirements into scalable solutions.
- Experience working with infrastructure virtualization and orchestration
- Experience working with AWS or similar cloud providers
- Experience working with Terraform or similar IAC technologies
Good To Have:
- Experience promoting best practices by example and mentoring junior engineers.
- Experience working with Data Processing Engines like Apache Spark, Flink
- Experience working with Apache Airflow or similar
- Experience working with Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
Life at Tink
In an environment that’s filled with skilled and creative colleagues, and a culture that encourages people to make their ideas happen, you can have an impact like nowhere else. We all help each other to build new skills and best practices through the diversity of our backgrounds and opinions – while having a lot of fun in the process. Do you want to be part of our story and join one of the leading fintechs in Europe?
We're looking forward to your application!