At Tink, we’re creating the foundations that a new world of finance will be built on. By constantly challenging ourselves to go further and do better, we’re developing the ground-breaking services that businesses will use, to revolutionise the way millions of people manage their money. The world of financial services is changing fast, and we will continue to be at the forefront of it.
How you'll be part of changing an industry
The security vision of Tink is to “make sure that our customers and our own employees trust that Tink secures their data better than what their bank does”. The aim is not a perception of trust, but real, verifiable trust. And yes ... we are well aware that for a company to gain the trust of its own employees (who actually know all the “unseen” details of how data is stored, accessed, processed and protected), this is a much harder task. But challenging existing ideas and suggesting innovative solutions is part of Tink's values & DNA and we in the security domain do not shy away from such challenges.
What we look for
We are now looking for a security engineer who will work towards building verifiable trust; either by building monitoring systems for cloud environments or by identifying security flaws in our code and working with our developers in fixing them. This individual will help us in making (positively) impactful decisions and have the curiosity and drive to find new ways of automating security practices in order to be able to provide evidence to anyone, anytime and as close to real-time as possible. Our security engineer will be a true SecDevOps advocate, help us define what the term truly means for Tink and make us all proud by even open sourcing and promoting their work externally.
- Provide tooling that supports engineering teams in writing secure code and integrate it in the teams CI/CD pipelines
- Provide tooling that supports the infrastructure team in identifying misconfigurations and securely scaling our cloud environment
- Be part of designing and architecting these tools
- Lead threat modeling workshops and architecture reviews with product development teams
- Establish compliance as code practices and tooling
- Modernize vulnerability management on a container and host level
- Give practical guidance and support with a modern twist in traditional InfoSec areas such as secret management, certificate management, log management, network monitoring, patch management, etc
- Ability to write code; not just look at it (please link your Github account if you have any public projects)
- Working experience in a DevOps and public cloud environment
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in containers
- Desire to work with people; for real
Nice to have
- Experience with AWS security services
- Experience with container security technologies
- Hands-on experience in building API-based tools
- Ability to break stuff, but an even greater desire to fix them
Your future team
We are a group of security professionals from 10 different countries and 4 different continents. We are all passionate about what we do and we do not settle for mediocrity. We have a strict NO-BS policy and we like challenging each other. We do not look or think how great our CV looks and we only look at what we can learn and how we can help each other grow as individuals and professionals.
How we work
We are a tech company, one that’s modern, approachable, agile and always looking for a better way of doing things. We work in small teams that have full ownership of our services from idea, design and implementation to operations and maintenance. This brings responsibility, creativity and motivation as you will have a big part in developing both existing and future products. It gets you closer to the end product and makes you proud of what you have accomplished with your impact.
Life at Tink
In an environment that’s filled with skilled and creative colleagues, and a culture that encourages people to make their ideas happen, you can have an impact like nowhere else. We all help each other to build new skills and best practices through the diversity of our backgrounds and opinions – while having a lot of fun in the process. Do you want to be part of our story and join one of the leading fintechs in Europe?
We're looking forward to your application!