Tink was founded in 2012, and a decade later became part of Visa in 2022. Tink was created with the aim of changing the banking industry for the better. We have built Europe’s most robust open banking platform – with the broadest, deepest connectivity and powerful services that create value out of the financial data. We offer the tools that allow anyone – from big banks and fintechs to startups – to build the future of financial services across Europe.
The security vision of Tink is to “make sure that our customers and our own employees trust that Tink secures their data better than what their bank does”. The aim is not a perception of trust, but real, verifiable trust. And yes ... we are well aware that for a company to gain the trust of its own employees (who actually know all the “unseen” details of how data is stored, accessed, processed and protected), this is a much harder task. But challenging existing ideas and suggesting innovative solutions is part of Tink's values & DNA and we in the security domain do not shy away from such challenges
What we offer you
We are a group of security professionals from different countries. We are all passionate about what we do. We have a down-to-earth approach and we look at what we can learn and how we can help each other grow as individuals and professionals.
We are a tech company, one that’s modern, approachable, agile and always looking for a better way of doing things. We work in small teams that have full ownership of our services from idea, design and implementation to operations and maintenance. This brings responsibility, creativity and motivation as you will have a big part in developing both existing and future products. It gets you closer to the end product and makes you proud of what you have accomplished with your impact. Expect pairing, knowledge-sharing sessions, and hackdays!
What we look for
We are now looking for a Security Engineer who will work towards building verifiable trust; either by building monitoring systems for cloud environments or by identifying security flaws in our code and working with our developers in fixing them. This individual will help us in making (positively) impactful decisions and have the curiosity and drive to find new ways of automating security practices in order to be able to provide evidence to anyone, anytime and as close to real-time as possible. Our Security Engineer will be a true SecDevOps advocate, help us define what the term truly means for Tink and make us all proud by even open sourcing and promoting their work externally. You will gain experience with Terraform, AWS Security, Docker, Kubernetes, API Security, Bug Bounty among many other things.
- Provide tooling that supports engineering teams in writing secure code and integrate it in the teams CI/CD pipelines
- Provide tooling that supports the infrastructure team in identifying misconfigurations and securely scaling our cloud environment
- Be part of designing and architecting AppSec tools
- Lead Threat Modelling workshops, Security Architecture, and Design reviews with product development teams
- Modernise vulnerability management on a source code, component library, container, and host level
- Give practical guidance and support with a modern twist in traditional InfoSec areas such as secrets management, certificate management, log management, network monitoring, patch management, etc
- Ability to build tools for internal teams (please link your Github account if you have any public projects)
- Working experience in a DevOps and public cloud environment
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with containers
- Excellent communication skills with people of various experience and backgrounds and fluent English (no Swedish is needed)
Nice to have
- Experience with cloud providers
- Experience with AWS security services
- Experience with container security technologies
- Hands-on experience in building API-based tools
- Ability to perform Security Code Reviews
- Ability to break stuff, but an even greater desire to fix them
- Participation in CTFs, solving challenges in HackTheBox and similar platforms, contributing to open-source tools, knowledge of OWASP methodologies and tools
These requirements represent a guide only. If you don’t believe you meet all of them please don’t hesitate to apply as we consider candidates of all experience levels (junior, mid, and senior) and backgrounds (security, development, infrastructure, testing, operations etc.).
Who we are at Tink
We are a company of developers and engineers – it’s in our DNA to imagine, build and iterate. We were founded with a vision of transforming an industry that lacked competition and momentum. And we have built a company of passionate over-achievers who all believe there is always a better way of doing things.
People from all over Europe – and the world – have joined us on our mission to build the biggest and best open banking platform in Europe.
We're looking forward to your application!