Tink was founded in 2012, and a decade later became part of Visa in 2022. Tink was created with the aim of changing the banking industry for the better. We have built Europe’s most robust open banking platform – with the broadest, deepest connectivity and powerful services that create value out of the financial data. We offer the tools that allow anyone – from big banks and fintechs to startups – to build the future of financial services across Europe.
About the role and Tink
We’re looking for a product designer to take ownership of the design in our SDK team. You’ll be working with our open banking authentication flows, accessed by millions of users embedded in the journeys of customers like Revolut, PayPal, Kivra and Novalnet. You’ll conduct A/B tests, review customer integrations and push the experience of accessing open banking - a territory not yet defined and without exact best practices. This means that there’s a standard to be set of how these flows function and look, and we hope you are the one defining the next generation of banking with your design.
You’ll be responsible for planning and designing the future features of Tink: from researching in the early phase and validating the results with stakeholders, to designing the final solutions. You’ll also work closely with developers to make it as beautiful in production as in your Figma prototype.
Collaborating in a project team in a tech-company environment is more important than the number of years you’ve been working as a designer, as you’ll be working closely with front-end developers, as well as product managers. They will rely on you, and you on them. You're all in this together, so being open to giving and receiving constructive feedback is key.
Tink has grown exponentially in the past years. We’re now more than 400 people. While the company has grown, the product design team has been a steady core of a small team. This leaves us - and you - to a great opportunity of influencing the way Tink works and looks - both internally and externally.
Things that excites you
- Build easy-to-use and beautiful experiences for millions of people who connect their financial accounts to various banks and services (Stripe, Revolut, Kivra, etc).
- Work closely with developers, product managers and other designers from the discovery phase, to the first MVP to pixel perfect delivery.
- Contribute to our design culture by leading by example, giving feedback, initiate collaborative projects as well as present and share ongoing work
- Have a technical understanding of building complex flows, and making them as easy to use and understand for the end-users as possible; this involves being part of explaining difficult tasks in simple text in English.
Things that excites us
More than doing the things we’ve listed above, we care extra for someone who
- Have world-class knowledge and expertise in how to build a great design system in collaboration with other designers and developers.
- Have experience in (english) copywriting.
- Can play a big role in taking initiatives that elevates the designers in our team, and across the organisation and beyond.
- Have been working for some years in the tech industry and can be up and running shortly, as well as using your experience to make the workflow even better in the teams you work with.
- You know how to make use of loads of data and optimise flows based on user’s behaviour, while using A/B testing and other methods to increase conversion
- Have knowledge of front-end technologies such as react, and might even be able to code on your own to build a bridge between developers and designers even closer together
Who we are at Tink
We are a company of developers and engineers – it’s in our DNA to imagine, build and iterate. We were founded with a vision of transforming an industry that lacked competition and momentum. And we have built a company of passionate over-achievers who all believe there is always a better way of doing things.
People from all over Europe – and the world – have joined us on our mission to build the biggest and best open banking platform in Europe.
We're looking forward to your application!