Tink was founded in 2012, and a decade later became part of Visa in 2022. Tink was created with the aim of changing the banking industry for the better. We have built Europe’s most robust open banking platform – with the broadest, deepest connectivity and powerful services that create value out of the financial data. We offer the tools that allow anyone – from big banks and fintechs to startups – to build the future of financial services across Europe.
"The ability to take data – to be able to understand it, to process it, to extract value from it, to visualize it, to communicate it – is going to be a hugely important skill in the next decades." Hal Varian, Chief Economist, Google.
Perhaps the most dramatic outcome of the digital revolution is the vast amount of data that is now collected and analyzed. Tink handles billions of events, and this number is increasing at an exponential rate as we expand into more markets and onboard new customers. We are passionate about enabling data-driven decisions for both our clients and internal stakeholders. To that end, our goal in the Data Foundations area at Tink is to ensure data is collected, transformed, and presented securely with accuracy and reliability.
Data is central to the success of Tink's product suite, and building the infrastructure to support this is critical to enable data-driven decision-making in all of our operations. As a Data Infrastructure Engineer, you will work with your team to define the infrastructure and tools that support our growing business, leading the way for high-quality, high-velocity decisions. In this role, you will:
- Design, implement, and maintain the data infrastructure to support Tink’s growing data needs in the rapidly changing open banking industry.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and methods for a scalable data platform.
- Promote best practices and improve the quality of the internal data products.
- Join forces with other Tink employees that rely on data in their daily work, including but not limited to data scientists, product analysts, and other engineers, enabling each to build insights in their own unique way of working.
- Work with technologies such as Apache Airflow, Apache Spark (Python), AWS (S3, Glue, Kinesis etc.), Kubernetes, Terraform/Terragrunt.
What we offer you
- The opportunity to work in a diverse work environment, as we believe that hiring people from many different backgrounds will help our team thrive and make the best possible decisions.
- Knowledge sharing is important to us; we like to create forums where we help people build new skills and establish best practices.
- Be part of the team that is tasked with designing and implementing Tink's data platform.
- Gain knowledge by managing Tinks events infrastructure, which produces billions of monthly events.
What we look for
- Enthusiasm for big data, strong desire to collaborate with a history of teamwork-driven accomplishments, and ability to be friendly and maintain a sense of humor through it all.
- 3+ years of experience building large-scale reliable data backends in collaboration with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience working with AWS or similar cloud providers.
Good to have experience in
- Promoting best practices by example and mentoring junior engineers.
- Working with Data Processing Engines like Apache Spark, Flink.
- Distilling complex requirements into scalable solutionsWorking with Apache Airflow or similar. Also, experience with Kubernetes or Docker Swarm and Terraform or similar IAC technologies.
Who we are at Tink
We are a company of developers and engineers – it’s in our DNA to imagine, build and iterate. We were founded with a vision of transforming an industry that lacked competition and momentum. And we have built a company of passionate over-achievers who all believe there is always a better way of doing things.
People from all over Europe – and the world – have joined us on our mission to build the biggest and best open banking platform in Europe.
We're looking forward to your application!