At Tink, we’re creating the foundations that a new world of finance will be built on. By constantly challenging ourselves to go further and do better, we’re developing the ground-breaking services that businesses will use, to revolutionise the way millions of people manage their money. The world of financial services is changing fast, and we will continue to be at the forefront of it.
How you'll challenge an industry:
You will be working in a team of highly collaborative data scientists and backend engineers, working on ML-based solutions that enrich basic financial data, transforming it into highly valuable information. Being a cross-functional team we own our products end to end including data pipelines, model development, productionizing of the model, and all backend services needed to serve our customers.
We develop models for customers with millions of users and customers with hundreds of users. We work on text data in over 10 languages and experiment with technologies ranging from transfer learning to named entity recognition.
Some of the challenges you’ll be working on are:
- Transaction categorization
- Using transaction descriptions (a text feature) and other transaction data, we automatically infer a transaction’s category.
- Transaction enrichment
- Transactions come into Tink with lots of noise attached and the noise is unique in every market. We currently use a mix of machine learning, deep learning & regex cleanup to address this.
- Metadata creation
- We want to infer multiple pieces of metadata from transactions. Where did this transaction take place? Was this part of an autopay subscription? Is this transaction associated with high carbon emissions?
You’ll contribute to the team with your analytical, statistical, and model development abilities. You will also be a cultural leader both within the team and within Tink’s data science community. You will continuously iterate on the team’s and Tink data science’s ways of working, experimenting with initiatives and getting buy-in from those around you. You will also keep all of Tink up to date on updates in your and others’ data science work.
We believe in autonomy and the team has ample freedom to make technical decisions to make their products great and run flawlessly in production.
What we look for:
- We believe that you’ll be a great fit for this position if you’re passionate about data science and interested in helping hundreds of thousands of people understand their spending. There are also some technical things we need:
- A leadership mentality: the buck stops with you.
- Experience in Python and SQL.
- Deep knowledge of machine learning and statistics: you can talk a junior data scientist out of running a T-test on a binomial distribution.
- Experience working with text data: you’ve used text embedding techniques more advanced than a bag of words.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and business-facing folks.
Life at Tink
In an environment that’s filled with skilled and creative colleagues, and a culture that encourages people to make their ideas happen, you can have an impact like nowhere else. We all help each other to build new skills and best practices through the diversity of our backgrounds and opinions – while having a lot of fun in the process. Do you want to be part of our story and join one of the leading fintechs in Europe?
We're looking forward to your application!
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Tink was founded in 2012, and a decade later became part of Visa in 2022. Tink was created with the aim of changing the banking industry for the better. We have built Europe’s most robust open banking platform – with the broadest, deepest connectivity and powerful services that create value out of the financial data. We offer the tools that allow anyone – from big banks and fintechs to startups – to build the future of financial services across Europe.
Tink’s 500+ employees serve more than 300 banks and fintechs in 18 European markets, out of offices in 13 countries. We power the new world of finance. For more information, visit tink.com.
Loading application form
Already working at Tink?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.