Backend Software Engineer
Engineering – Stockholm
The rails and brains of open banking
Tink is the best way to connect to banks across Europe and quickly build smart, personalised and delightful financial services.
From collecting or analysing data, to obtaining insights and generating tailored advice and product recommendations - we help you deliver a more personal, intelligent financial experience to your users.
Today, our technology is transforming banks and countless customer experiences across Europe. Founded in Stockholm in 2012, our partners include Nordea, BNP Paribas Fortis, Klarna, ABN AMRO and SEB.
Through our technology, our mission is to help people understand their finances, empower them to make smarter decisions and ultimately bring financial happiness.
Tink has raised over €80 million in venture capital and in the past 18 months we have grown from 30 to over 150 people.
- Build features and capabilities to support features in our apps.
- Design and develop models that provide smart insights for our users.
- Build and maintain scalable services for handling millions of users' personal finance.
- Keep the user’s best in mind and contribute ideas and thoughts to the next generation of Tink
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in systems development in Java and any of the following: C, C++, Python, Go.
- MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience from building scalable, service-oriented architectures.
- Experience with distributed computing (Cassandra, Spark, Hadoop etc.)
- Experience with machine learning (clustering algorithms, recommendation systems, MLlib, Mahout, etc.)
- Experience with information security from a systems development perspective (OWASP, encryption, etc.)
How we work
Tink is an engineering and product company at heart. We look for people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle whatever problem. As an engineer at Tink, you will work in a specific team critical to Tink’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our colleagues to be versatile, enthusiastic and display leadership qualities to tackle new problems across the board as we continue to push our product forward.
Even though we are separated into teams, Tink is still a true start-up and one big team where everyone’s opinion is valued. It’s not uncommon that we all sit together and workshop on the next feature design on a Friday afternoon, and build prototypes and ship beta versions the week after. There is a great degree of freedom within your team and you are solely responsible for what you do and your time. This is a perfect time to join Tink and put yourself in one of these small, growing and creative teams.
Feel free to attach links to your Github account or anything else you feel we should know about.