Android Software Engineer
Engineering – Stockholm
The rails and brains of open banking.
Tink is the best way to connect to banks across Europe and quickly build smart, personalised and delightful financial services.
From collecting or analysing data, to obtaining insights and generating tailored advice and product recommendations - we help you deliver a more personal, intelligent financial experience to your users.
Today, our technology is transforming banks and countless customer experiences across Europe. Founded in Stockholm in 2012, our partners include Nordea, BNP Paribas Fortis, Klarna, ABN AMRO and SEB.
Through our technology, our mission is to help people understand their finances, empower them to make smarter decisions and ultimately bring financial happiness.
Tink has raised over €80 million in venture capital and in the past 18 months we have grown from 30 to over 150 people.
We’re looking for talented Android engineers to join our team and help building an cutting edge application that hundreds of thousands of people are using every day to manage their personal finances.
As part of the Android team, you’re a developer who loves to create beautiful consumer products. You will be working closely together with other engineers and designers. You’ll most likely have deep knowledge and experience from building complex applications with elaborate user interface elements and mixed various transitions and animations. You know that any little detail can impact the user experience and some of them may even require a more in-depth look into any given codebase.
You want to be proud to be part of a team whose passion, independence and curiosity are the main drivers. You want to learn and become the best in your field.
- Re-imagine features and build new and innovative ideas
- Go from idea to implementation
- Collaborate with designers and engineers
- Maintain high level performance quality
- At least 2+ years writing, releasing, maintaining mobile code for Android
- Strong expertise in Java
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things higher
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences
- Experience efficiently collaborating on projects
- Deep understanding of Android SDK
- Experience working closely with product teams, designers, and other developers to create a truly delightful mobile experience
- Experience developing and maintain highly performant code and view layouts and the ability to diagnose performance bottlenecks
- Ability to recognize and implement modern product design
Bonus points if
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with Kotlin development
- Experience with other programming languages
- You have some open source projects to contribute to the wider Android community
How we work
Tink is an engineering and product company at heart. We look for people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle whatever problem. As an engineer at Tink, you will work in a specific team critical to Tink’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our colleagues to be versatile, enthusiastic and display leadership qualities to tackle new problems across the board as we continue to push our product forward.
Even though we are separated in teams, Tink is still a true start-up and one big team where everyone’s opinion is valued. It’s not uncommon that we all sit together and workshop on the next feature design on a Friday afternoon, and build prototypes and ship beta versions the week after. There is a great degree of freedom within your team and you are solely responsible for what you do and your time. This is a perfect time to join Tink and put yourself in one of these small, growing and creative teams.
Feel free to attach links to your Github account or anything else you feel we should know about.