Site Reliability Engineer
Engineering – Stockholm
We are data-driven banking.
Tink enables banks and financial institutions to become data-driven through smart, precise, future-proof technology. From collecting or analysing data, to obtaining insights and generating tailored advice and product recommendations - we deliver personal, intelligent financial experiences.
Founded in Stockholm in 2012, our partners include Nordea, BNP Paribas Fortis, Klarna, ABN AMRO and SEB. Through our technology, our mission is to help people understand their finances, empower them to make smarter decisions and ultimately bring financial happiness. Tink has raised over 250 million SEK in venture capital and in the past 18 months we have grown from 15 to over 120 people.
We’re looking for a software engineer to join our team to work as a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). As an SRE at Tink, you’ll be tasked with making sure we build, ship and run our products efficiently and smoothly.
The Tink platform consists of a large set of complex micro-services providing capabilities to aggregate information from hundreds of financial institutions, execute payments and transfers, process billions of transactions and automatically build statistical models of financial behaviour using machine learning.
As an SRE, you’ll combine software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Wide knowledge working with, Continuous delivery, production systems, application lifecycles and deployment using Kubernetes. Experience in switching environments getting from 100 users to 10000 users, time complexity and resilience systems. Supporting developers or squads in projects and a new setup for infrastructures or customers in complex advanced systems.
SRE ensures that our services—both our internally critical and our externally-visible systems—have reliability and uptime appropriate to users’ needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance.
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency
- Solve problems relating to mission-critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automated response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Conduct periodic on-call duties
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in several of: Java, Python, Go, Git, Shell, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, Terraform, AWS and experience working in open source.
- Experience working with Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, with experience working with system libraries, file systems, Oncall and client-server protocols.
- MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- In-depth knowledge of operating systems (processes, threads, concurrency issues, locks, mutexes, semaphores, monitors and how they work).
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis.
- A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
How we work
Tink is an engineering and product company at heart. We look for people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle whatever problem. As an engineer at Tink, you will work in a specific team critical to Tink’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our colleagues to be versatile, enthusiastic and display leadership qualities to tackle new problems across the board as we continue to push our product forward.
Even though we are separated in teams, Tink is still a true start-up and one big team where everyone’s opinion is valued. It’s not uncommon that we all sit together and workshop on the next feature design on a Friday afternoon, and build prototypes and ship beta versions the week after. There is a great degree of freedom within your team and you are solely responsible for what you do and your time. This is a perfect time to join Tink and put yourself in one of these small, growing and creative teams.
Feel free to attach links to your Github account or anything else you feel we should know about.