Frontend Software Engineer
Engineering – Stockholm
We are data-driven banking.
Tink enables banks and financial institutions to become data-driven through smart, precise, future-proof technology. From collecting or analysing data, to obtaining insights and generating tailored advice and product recommendations - we deliver personal, intelligent financial experiences.
Founded in Stockholm in 2012, our partners include Nordea, BNP Paribas Fortis, Klarna, ABN AMRO and SEB. Through our technology, our mission is to help people understand their finances, empower them to make smarter decisions and ultimately bring financial happiness. Tink has raised over 250 million SEK in venture capital and in the past 18 months we have grown from 15 to over 120 people.
We’re looking for a talented frontend engineer to join our team and help building cutting edge web applications that could take our products out to even more people. This is a unique opportunity to join and shape how web is built at Tink, since this is the first frontend opening.
We currently operate under a dual business model; one B2C where we offer 500 000 people in Sweden a better understanding of their finances through our award winning mobile app Tink, the other, Tink Technology, is B2B where we license the underlying core technology to financial institutions across the world.
Tink hasn't been very web focused so far, mainly meeting our users in our mobile apps. But we have just started a project to offer our services to small and medium sized companies and startups building the next great thing in personal finance - on top of our platform. This has really changed the need for finding some skilled web developers to join our team.
As a frontend developer at Tink, you will work with all things frontend; both our public website, short lived campaign sites as well as new web apps for our products.
- Build and maintain web applications
- Go from idea to implementation
- Collaborate with designers and engineers
- At least 2 years of writing, releasing, maintaining web applications
- Experience with modern web frameworks/libraries, such as React, Angular, Vue or similar
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things higher
- Experience with methods for managing application state, such as Redux, Reflux, Flux or similar
- Ability to recognise and implement modern product design
- Comfortable with CSS/SCSS and HTML
- Experience of working closely with product teams, designers, and other developers to create a truly delightful web experience
- Be passionated about building beautiful products
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with other programming languages
- You have some open source projects to contribute to the wider community
How we work
Tink is an engineering and product company at heart. We look for people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle whatever problem. As an engineer at Tink, you will work in a specific team critical to Tink’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our colleagues to be versatile, enthusiastic and display leadership qualities to tackle new problems across the board as we continue to push our product forward.
Even though we are separated in teams, Tink is still a true start-up and one big team where everyone’s opinion is valued. It’s not uncommon that we all sit together and workshop on the next feature design on a Friday afternoon, and build prototypes and ship beta versions the week after. There is a great degree of freedom within your team and you are solely responsible for what you do and your time. This is a perfect time to join Tink and put yourself in one of these small, growing and creative teams.