At Tink, we’re creating the foundations that a new world of finance will be built on. By constantly challenging ourselves to go further and do better, we’re developing the ground-breaking services that businesses will use, to revolutionise the way millions of people manage their money. The world of financial services is changing fast, and we will continue to be at the forefront of it.
Connectivity is building the leading connectivity platform to power the new world of finance. Our mission is to provide access to financial data in a simple, reliable, secure and cost-competitive way. Our business is to deliver the data to customers in a seamless and flexible way.
We are at the core of Tink's product offering as we aggregate financial data and provide a foundation for our Enrichment, Personal Finance Management, Payments Initiation Service, and other upcoming products. In the last two years, we have been investing heavily into growing our market coverage and went from only having a presence in Sweden to being live in 18 EU markets and aggregating data from over 3400 banks and financial institutions. 2020 was a great year with a steady growth of our engineering teams, the release of key functionalities, key customers are live in Sweden, the acquisition of Eurobits to be the market leader in Spain, acquisition of Instantor in Sweden, and acquisition of one of the top-ranking aggregation players in the UK - Openwrks Aggregation.
We are ramping up to make 2021 our year of exponential acceleration. We’re aiming to be the market leader in volumes, quality, and speed. Keys to winning this will come down to working for operational excellence and finding tools, structure, and innovative solutions enabling connectivity that can scale. As an Engineering Manager, you will play an important role in securing the success of Connectivity by engaging in scaling our connectivity and ensuring the quality and performance of our service.
You will enable our growing teams by efficient onboarding, creating clarity in our ever-changing environment, and lead the way through our complex technical landscape.
- Drive technical development and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Responsible for the delivery of one or more teams including:
- Deliver on customer commitments and targets
- Ensure the team is building technical solutions in line with Tink quality standard
- Make prioritizations and balance speed vs. quality
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex projects cross-product teams
- Work closely with product management to ensure we're building products in the best way
- Hire, coach, and mentor one or more teams of engineers, including performance and salary reviews.
- Continuously help your direct reports grow professionally so they can have a larger impact and drive more complex initiatives
- Enable the team to reach their targets by removing impediments, clarifying goals and initiatives, and fostering ownership and accountability
- Foster a culture based on our values Sincere, Challenging, Friendly, Responsible, and Exceptional.
Experiences and skills
- Solid developer background, spending at least 4-5 years working as an engineer, preferable backend developer.
- At least two years experience of leading teams and owning the delivery of the team.
- Experience from a high-paced engineering organization working with CI, scalability, and automation, etc.
- You have experience in setting ways of working and team targets for engineering teams, follow-up on delivery, and developed performance on both team and individual level.
- Experience in hiring and/or evaluating engineers in hiring processes is highly valued.
- You have solid experience from a product company working in an agile environment.
- Experience from working with international distributed engineering teams is merited.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Life at Tink
In an environment that’s filled with skilled and creative colleagues, and a culture that encourages people to make their ideas happen, you can have an impact like nowhere else. We all help each other to build new skills and best practices through the diversity of our backgrounds and opinions – while having a lot of fun in the process. Do you want to be part of our story and join one of the leading fintechs in Europe?
We're looking forward to your application!